The Cape Verde Stock Exchange, S.A. began activity in December 2005, after making changes to its systems which now renders it more modern and effective. The Cape Verde Stock Exchange offers to its investors, financial institutions and businesses, access to a range of products and services based on a modern electronic system of trading, settlement and custody. The BVC is structured in accordance with international standards, in a way that creates products and services consistent with national financial market needs and adjustments.
With a comparative edge in the global scenario that accompanies high speed transformation, the BVC offers products and services that cover a series of securities that constitute attractive investment options, characterized by high rates of profitability and excellent financial conditions.
The BVC aims to create value for its clients and Shareholders.
- To increase liquidity and give incentive to financing through stock market instruments, sustained by efficient services and complete with social responsibility.
- To perform within macroeconomic growth dynamics of the global capital market, and position not only the BVC but also Cape Verde as a reference in the financial market place, consolidating the trading of stocks, bonds and other financial assets.
The Stock Exchange develops its activities in a way to facilitate financial intermediation and disperse relevant and timely information that is indispensable to making investment decisions, securing transparency and efficiency, within a large-scale system self-regulated and governed by legal and ethical principals.
A list of activities generated from the BCV Statutes:
- Carry out securities operations;
- Settlement and custody of securities;
- Manage a centralized system to register book entry securities;
- Manage the stock market and security trading systems;
- Carry out investigation, publicity, promotion, or training that contributes to balanced and sustainable growth of the Cape-verdian capital market;
- Provide to market members relevant services that meet their needs in similar and foreign markets where